SEEKING AMAZING EXPERIENCED EDUCATORS!
ARE YOU HAPPY & POSITIVE WITH A SUNNY PERSONALITY?
DO YOU ABSOLUTELY LOVE CHILDREN & BEING OUTDOORS IN NATURE?
We offer an inspiring, happy work environment full of fresh air and sunshine!
We are a unique preschool environment and choose our teachers for their unique talents. We seek well rounded, educated teachers, who are team players with a positive attitude. Looking for those with the talents and abilities to improve our program. We are a business based on “gratitude,” this approach is how we run our business, how we treat our families, our children, our teachers, camp counselors, and volunteers. An early childhood degree or a degree in an education related field is preferred for this position.
- We are looking for high-quality part-time early childhood educators.
- Teachers will implement lesson plans, provide direct supervision for safety, have quality interactions and care for children of various ages, share teaching responsibilities with co-teacher, and build strong relationships with our preschoolers.
- End of the day responsibilities include cleaning, resupplying & resetting the outdoor classrooms for the next day.
- It is preferred that applicants without a degree are attending school and receiving credits towards an education-related field.
Preschool Teacher Required Skills and Education:
- High school diploma required
- Proof of a North Carolina Early Childhood Credential or equivalent preferred
- Childhood Development Associate (CDA) or Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE) preferred
- High level of flexibility and willingness to work with all ages.
- Must have experience working in a licensed childcare facility.
- A clean criminal background check is required.
- Starting pay based on education, good job references & experience.
- This is an at will teaching position. We have a 90 Day probation period with interval 30 day evaluations.Not meeting the required job standards will result in immediate dismissal.
We prefer you stop by during business hours 8am-1pm and drop off your resume or application in person.
- Read each page of our website, including our curriculum information on our nature preschool page.
- Visit our Facebook page, and familiarize yourself with our program.
- We are a half day program and we only work 4-6 hours per day max.
- You must apply for a qualifying letter from DCDEE (criminal records check and background clearance check by the Division of Child Development and Early Education), please see the Link button below.
- We do not hire anyone with ANY type of criminal history or any DSS investigations into the mistreatment of children in their care.
Must love nature and be able to teach outdoors in all SAFE weather.
Forest School Teachers need to be comfortable with:
- Continually ask questions to establish children’s interests and extend the curriculum lessons to embrace the children’s individual interests.
- Learn about and respect each child’s learning style to while help them succeed in their education.
- Create a learning environment that intrigues and interests preschoolers.
- Be open to learning about new education ideas and be willing to implement new concepts & learning provocations into your outdoor classroom.
- Be comfortable with setting up & clean up of wet, messy, muddy , hands on sensory and artistic experiences.
- Be familiar with Forest schools, Reggio Emilia, Montessori, and Steiner/Waldorf education models and able be able to scaffold learning experiences based on each child’s interest and developmental level.
- Open, friendly and welcoming to families of all kinds, visiting educators and volunteer community members involvement at our community nature school.
- NC Division of Child Development Background Check
- Employment Application
We welcome those still in the process of obtaining their education to apply.
- A conservative and professional appearance is required. You must have a preschool-friendly vocabulary and impeccable manners. It is essential that you maintain professional standards befitting someone who works with families and their young children.
- Our Dress code requires pants, jeans, capris or burmuda shorts.
- No leggings allowed.
- Shirts with our logo are provided free of charge to all staff.
- Staff Shirts are school property and must be returned at the end of the school year or the end of summer camp.
- All uniforms must be returned in order to receive your final paycheck.