SEEKING AMAZING EXPERIENCED OUTDOOR EDUCATORS!
ARE YOU HAPPY & POSITIVE WITH A SUNNY PERSONALITY?
LOVE CHILDREN & BEING OUTDOORS IN NATURE?
We offer an inspiring, happy work environment full of fresh air and sunshine!
We are a unique preschool environment and choose our teachers for their unique talents. We seek well rounded, educated teachers, who are team players with a positive attitude. Looking for those with the talents and abilities to improve our program. We are a business based on “gratitude,” this approach is how we run our business, how we treat our families, our children, our teachers, camp counselors, and volunteers. An early childhood degree or a degree in an education related field is preferred for this position.
- We are looking for high-quality part-time early childhood educators.
- Teachers will implement lesson plans, provide direct supervision for safety, have quality interactions and care for children of various ages, share teaching responsibilities with co-teacher, and build strong relationships with our preschoolers.
- End of the day responsibilities include cleaning, resupplying & resetting the outdoor classrooms for the next day.
- It is preferred that applicants without a degree are attending school and receiving credits towards an education-related field.
Preschool Teacher Required Skills and Education:
- High school diploma required
- Proof of a North Carolina Early Childhood Credential or equivalent preferred
- Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education preferred
- High level of flexibility and willingness to work with all ages.
- Must have experience working in a licensed childcare facility.
- A clean criminal background check is required.
- Starting pay based on education, good job references & experience.
- This is an at will teaching position. We have a 90 Day probation period with interval evaluations. Not meeting the required job standards will result in immediate dismissal.
We prefer you stop by during business hours 8am-1pm to drop off your application in person.
- Review our website and Learn about our school!
- Visit our Facebook page and familiarize yourself with our program.
- We are a half day program and teachers only work 4.5 hours per day.
- You must apply for a qualifying letter from DCDEE (criminal records check and background clearance check by the Division of Child Development and Early Education), please see the Link button below.
- We do not hire anyone with ANY type of criminal history or any DSS investigations into the mistreatment of children in their care.
Must LOVE Children, & Nature and enjoy teaching outdoors!
Forest School Teachers need to be comfortable with:
- Continually ask questions to establish children’s interests and extend the curriculum lessons to embrace the children’s individual interests.
- Learn about and respect each child’s learning style to while help them succeed in their education.
- Create a learning environment that intrigues and interests preschoolers.
- Be open to learning about new education ideas and be willing to implement new concepts & learning provocations into your outdoor classroom.
- Be comfortable with setting up & clean up of wet, messy, muddy , hands on sensory and artistic experiences.
- Be familiar with Forest schools, Reggio Emilia, Montessori, and Steiner/Waldorf education models and able be able to scaffold learning experiences based on each child’s interest and developmental level.
- Open, friendly and welcoming to families of all kinds, visiting educators and volunteer community members involvement at our community nature school.
- NC Division of Child Development Background Check
- Employment Application
We welcome those still in the process of obtaining their education to apply.
A conservative and professional appearance is required. You must have a preschool-friendly vocabulary and impeccable manners. It is essential that you maintain professional standards befitting someone who works with families and their young children.
- Our Dress code requires pants, jeans, capris or burmuda shorts.
- No leggings allowed.
- Shirts & Hoodies with school logo are provided to all staff.
- Staff Shirts are school property and must be returned at the end of the school year or the end of summer camp.
- All Uniforms must be washed & returned to receive your final paycheck.
- Cost of uniforms will be deducted from final paycheck if not returned.